Browse Exhibits (30 total)
Experience of Jews on campus including refugee scholars, student political activists, anti-Semitism, and the role of President Frank Porter Graham.
The expansion of professional health training from small, semi-private programs to a sophisticated health affairs complex at the heart of the educational mission of the university and the health care system of the state.
The stories of the individuals for whom some of the university's historic buildings are named.
A sampling of the monuments, sculptures, paintings, and other pieces of public art that can be discovered on the Carolina campus.
Creation of professional schools beginning with law, medicine, and pharmacy in the nineteenth century and the emergence of the modern public service ethos shaped by President Edward Kidder Graham.
The university's struggles to survive in the aftermath of the Civil War and its role in the racial and political conflicts that swept the state and the region during that era.
The roles of African American slaves in early university life, from constructing the physical campus to serving students and faculty.
A look at the changing student experience from 1890 to 1960, including the growth and transformation of the student body, the development of the university’s athletic teams, and the importance of the campus social scene.
A look at some of the student organizations that have shaped student life and influenced the history of the university, including debating societies, student government, activist organizations, performance groups, honor societies, and Greek organizations.
- The Story of Student Government in the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by Albert and Gladys Hall Coates
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Records, 1920-1991 (40124), University Archives
- Student Union Records, 1931-2000 (40128), University Archives
- Look through UNC yearbooks The Hellenian and Yackety Yack online
- Read Frederick Koch’s introduction to Carolina Folk Plays and one of the Playmakers’ first plays, When Witches Ride
An exhibit showcasing a few of Carolina's prominent faculty members, including brief biographical sketches, their contributions to society and scholarship, and the recognitions and awards they have received.