Skip to main content
Carolina Story: Virtual Museum of University History

Kenan Stadium

Kenan Stadium (1927)

Nash also designed Kenan Stadium, completed in 1927 with funds from William Rand Kenan, Jr., who made the donation to honor his parents. The stadium is located in a forested valley south of Wilson Library, a beautiful natural amphitheatre. The football team played its first game there on November 12, 1927, defeating Davidson College 27-0.