Dental students and patients, 1952
The Good Health Plan also led to the creation of the dental school. Under Dean John C. Brauer, the School of Denistry admitted its first students in 1950 and graduated its first class in 1954. Students attended classes in quonset huts before a permanent dental school building opened in 1952. That fall students began seeing patients from across the state, a practice that continues until today.