The University Club
Comprised of representatives from each fraternity, sorority, and dormitory, and members-at-large, the University Club was founded in 1933 as a student organization to promote school spirit and sportsmanship, interest prospective students in the university, improve relations with alumni, promote freshman orientation, and foster statewide interest in the university and its activities. Its motto was "For the University." For several years in the 1920s, the Club sponsored an annual "Smoker" for the freshman class at orientation. At this event, the Club distributed cigarettes, donated by tobacco companies, to the new students.