Simon F. Terrell (1924-2005) and the Terrell Building
This building, completed in 2000, is the headquarters of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association. It is named for Simon F. Terrell the executive director of the association from 1967 to 1984. A high school coach, Terrell joined the association in 1959 and ran training programs for referees. Terrell witnessed profound change during his tenure: high schools were integrated, busing was implemented, and the consolidation movement was at its height.